Information about the Actions committee’s Home Defense Empowerment Workshop, which helps homeowners understand and fight back against foreclosure:
- Here is the framework we used for our Feb. 18 Home Defense Empowerment Workshop.
Home Defense Empowerment Workshop – Framework
- This is the presentation Craig Triance used to help us to better understand the foreclosure process and options.
Understanding Foreclosure – Craig Triance
- These are some examples of fraudulent documents presented by Walter Hackett. The emphasis was put on the fact that MERS could not sign these documents, as they did not own the mortgage, as well as the signature falsely representing the companies mentioned.
- ACCE provided a small empowerment packet, which can be found here.
- This information was taken from the Occupy Homes website’s Resources tab (http://occupyourhomes.org/resources/).
- Consensus was reached on the following:
- We must start local and build to regional.
- An Occupied Home needs a minimum of 15-30 people. This may include the homeowner’s own network.
- We should share our best practices.
- We will join in the national call Wednesdays at 6pm (to do so, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We will establish a Southern California call through InterOccupy.org on a bi-monthly basis (Matt from OLA to work on this).
- We will set up a monthly face-to-face meeting for the region as a breakout of the InterOccupy meetup (Matt from OLA to work on this).
- You can sign up for campaign updates at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dEQ2cjJLdnV6SHNSSU9lUm02X1FKeUE6MQ#gid=0 “
- Please text “@HomeDefense” to 23559 to sign up for the text alert system. This will be a crucial piece of keeping folks in their homes. It will be curated by Occupy Long Beach to only include urgent needs of Home Occupations.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail OccupyLongBeachActions@gmail.com.